Line-Operated, Field-Portable Instrument Designed Specifically to Measure the Resistance of All Types of Magnetic Windings Safely and Accurately
The Megger MTO250 is a particularly useful for testing winding plus contact resistance of Load Tap Chargers (LTC) this is alongside assessing the "Make-Break" transition event. Operating the LTC to change taps whilst DC test current is applied helps validate proper make-break transition whilst the test itself helps diagnose possible issues including aggressive pitting, misalignment of contact mechanisms and weak springs. As LTC form the moving part of a transformer they tend to be more vulnerable which can result in greater instances of failures or outages.
- Tests transformers, shunt reactors, rotating machine windings
- Performs low resistance measurements on connections, contacts and control circuits.
- 50 amp test current reduces test time on high current secondary windings by up to 10 times when compared to traditional 10A units
- Internal data storage with nine internal sets (groups) of results, allowing for easier organization while in the field
- Two channel digital displays allows for testing two windings at a time, improving traditional test time by 50% or more
- Computer-aided test form guides operator through connections and tests for all single - and three-phase transformers via PC control or data download
- Checks the contact and timing health of on-load tap changers
- Patented universal kelvin clamps, with 4 in. (100 mm) adjustable jaws are available, eliminating the need for multiple types of lead clips. Each kelvin clamp also includes banana plugs for use of external probes for testing on terminal blocks
- Built-in safety discharge circuit safely discharges the specimen when test is completed, if lead accidentally disconnects, or if power is lost
- Automated “heat run” testing and report via PowerDB software
- Capable of testing transformers up to 1000 MVA
- DC test current up to 50A maximum
- Integrated demagnetisation feature
- Computer control and internal data storage
- Validates proper operation of on-load tap-changers
- Protected against accidental current lead disconnection (through potential leads)
You will receive next day UK delivery to your door when ordering from Sunbelt Rentals Test & Monitoring . All weekday orders confirmed before 3:00 pm will be delivered to you the next day. If you do not receive delivery by the requested delivery time we will refund your delivery charge in full.
Deliveries are made through our own delivery vehicles and by National Couriers.
Next day delivery is our standard service however, please enquire for any of the following which we will endeavour to provide at extra cost:
- pre 10:30 delivery;
- pre 12:00 delivery;
- Saturday or Sunday delivery;
- Same day delivery;
In addition to nationwide delivery we also ship to EU and worldwide, please call our Customer Services team on our number above for prices.
To see our delivery performance click here!
*Applies to Mainland UK excluding certain hard to reach areas such as the Highlands, if you are unsure please contact us for clarification.
If you do not have a credit account with Sunbelt Rentals Test & Monitoring , you may be required to pay a security deposit and be subject to a credit check. Please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.